Dec 5, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
One of the teams involved on the Nick Swisher talks: The Cleveland Indians, who missed out on Shane Victorino.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) December 5, 2012
I see less of a chance that Swisher would sign in Cleveland than Victorino would. Spare me the “well, he’s from Ohio and went to Ohio State” rebop. Me too. And I can tell you, we all want to get out of Ohio if it’s possible.
Seriously, though: Swisher is good enough to be a starter on a championship-caliber team, he has played in New York, his wife is an actress and he’s on record saying he would be interested in returning to the Bay Area. Something tells me that a stop in Ohio with the perpetually-rebuilding Indians is not high on his list.
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 22
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)