Dec 5, 2012, 1:50 PM EST
One of the teams involved on the Nick Swisher talks: The Cleveland Indians, who missed out on Shane Victorino.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) December 5, 2012
I see less of a chance that Swisher would sign in Cleveland than Victorino would. Spare me the “well, he’s from Ohio and went to Ohio State” rebop. Me too. And I can tell you, we all want to get out of Ohio if it’s possible.
Seriously, though: Swisher is good enough to be a starter on a championship-caliber team, he has played in New York, his wife is an actress and he’s on record saying he would be interested in returning to the Bay Area. Something tells me that a stop in Ohio with the perpetually-rebuilding Indians is not high on his list.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)