Dec 5, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
One of the teams involved on the Nick Swisher talks: The Cleveland Indians, who missed out on Shane Victorino.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) December 5, 2012
I see less of a chance that Swisher would sign in Cleveland than Victorino would. Spare me the “well, he’s from Ohio and went to Ohio State” rebop. Me too. And I can tell you, we all want to get out of Ohio if it’s possible.
Seriously, though: Swisher is good enough to be a starter on a championship-caliber team, he has played in New York, his wife is an actress and he’s on record saying he would be interested in returning to the Bay Area. Something tells me that a stop in Ohio with the perpetually-rebuilding Indians is not high on his list.
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot