Dec 5, 2012, 11:15 PM EDT
The market for mediocre infielders remains strong.
Hannahan was designated for assignment by the Indians near the end of November after batting just .244/.312/.341 with four homers, 16 doubles and 29 RBI across 318 total plate appearances in 2012.
The 32-year-old native of St. Paul, Minnesota has made appearances at first base, second base, third base and shortstop over the course of his six-year major league career. He mostly stuck to the hot corner this past summer with Cleveland.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 0
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 86
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)