Dec 6, 2012, 8:26 PM EST
Maybe it’s the lack of sleep I’ve gotten this week, but CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman seems to be implying that free agent right-hander Kevin Correia is a pretty popular guy right now.
Kevin correia is mulling multiple multi-year offers, including one from japan—
Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) December 06, 2012
ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick reported earlier today that the Royals are considering Correia along with Brett Myers and Jair Jurrjens, but the Twins and Orioles have also been mentioned as possible landing spots.
Correia, 32, posted a 4.21 ERA and 89/46 K/BB ratio over 171 innings this past season with the Pirates. He’ll likely latch on somewhere as a backend starter, as he throws strikes and induces his fair share of ground balls, but only five pitchers (min. 200 IP) have a lower strikeout percentage since the start of 2011.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 48
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)