Kevin Correia has multi-year offers on the table

Dec 6, 2012, 8:26 PM EDT

Maybe it’s the lack of sleep I’ve gotten this week, but CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman seems to be implying that free agent right-hander Kevin Correia is a pretty popular guy right now.

ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick reported earlier today that the Royals are considering Correia along with Brett Myers and Jair Jurrjens, but the Twins and Orioles have also been mentioned as possible landing spots.

Correia, 32, posted a 4.21 ERA and 89/46 K/BB ratio over 171 innings this past season with the Pirates. He’ll likely latch on somewhere as a backend starter, as he throws strikes and induces his fair share of ground balls, but only five pitchers (min. 200 IP) have a lower strikeout percentage since the start of 2011.

1. Stiller43 - Dec 6, 2012 at 8:37 PM

There must be a lot of desperate teams. Corriea is awful.

2. modellforprez - Dec 6, 2012 at 10:17 PM

um what are you watching. erik retard is awful kyle macpherson garbage. charli morton who they tendered is always hurt and ineffective. wandy ended o.k but at first like his 1st 7-8 starts he was AWFUL!! winning 24 games in 2 seasons actually 1n a half ha! because he was pushed to bullpen when wandy came for the PIRATES is hardly awful. I’ve watched this horseshit the past TWENTY YEARS PAL. ill tell ya about awful. maholm duke jimmy anderson matt morris I could go all 20 yrs but I got a doobie burnin…..

• stlouis1baseball - Dec 7, 2012 at 5:18 PM

What the hell is Modell trying to say? Translation please!

3. xavier46 - Dec 6, 2012 at 11:29 PM

We could barely tell about the doobie… I’m shocked!

I’m guessing you have a fine scotch pouring as well.

• matckeeper - Dec 7, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Fine Scotch and a blunt of some ‘Magic Johnson’ will cause a post like that from time to time…I for one welcome it.

4. matckeeper - Dec 7, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Sadly I believe that Milwaukee is one of them with a 2 yr deal….god, I can see the bombs flying now. Ideally this guy takes his ‘talents’ to Japan and makes zero MLB fans suffer next season.

5. joewilliesshnoz - Dec 8, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Touché Modell .

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (3371)