Dec 6, 2012, 2:13 PM EDT
The Mets are one of the teams considering Ludwick, while the Reds are believed to be offering him a two-year deal worth $6 million-$7 million per year.
Ludwick hit .275/.346/.531 with 26 homers and 80 RBI in 422 at-bats for the Reds last season He also homered three times in the five-game NLDS loss to the Giants. In this market, those numbers would seem to be worth more in the neighborhood of $8 million-$10 million per year. However, Ludwick’s history of inconsistency, combined with the age and mediocre defense, appear to have cut into his market.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 20
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)