Dec 6, 2012, 2:13 PM EST
The Mets are one of the teams considering Ludwick, while the Reds are believed to be offering him a two-year deal worth $6 million-$7 million per year.
Ludwick hit .275/.346/.531 with 26 homers and 80 RBI in 422 at-bats for the Reds last season He also homered three times in the five-game NLDS loss to the Giants. In this market, those numbers would seem to be worth more in the neighborhood of $8 million-$10 million per year. However, Ludwick’s history of inconsistency, combined with the age and mediocre defense, appear to have cut into his market.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)