Dec 6, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
Oh, so I guess the Yankees can spend money after all:
The Yankees’ offer to Kevin Youkilis is one year at $12M, according to source.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) December 6, 2012
That’s a good offer for Youkilis in terms of dollars, but you have to wonder whether a one year deal in New York is what he’s looking for situation-wise. One year is good for him in order to establish his value and health, but if and when A-Rod comes back following his surgery, Youkilis may have some playing time issues. Does he stick an third and A-Rod DH? Is there a rotation?
Youkilis is said to have multiple offers. The one from the Yankees is the most delicious in terms of storylines and stuff, but it may not make as much sense as some of the others he has on the table.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)