Dec 6, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
Oh, so I guess the Yankees can spend money after all:
The Yankees’ offer to Kevin Youkilis is one year at $12M, according to source.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) December 6, 2012
That’s a good offer for Youkilis in terms of dollars, but you have to wonder whether a one year deal in New York is what he’s looking for situation-wise. One year is good for him in order to establish his value and health, but if and when A-Rod comes back following his surgery, Youkilis may have some playing time issues. Does he stick an third and A-Rod DH? Is there a rotation?
Youkilis is said to have multiple offers. The one from the Yankees is the most delicious in terms of storylines and stuff, but it may not make as much sense as some of the others he has on the table.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 33
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 38
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 71
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (189)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)