Dec 6, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
Oh, so I guess the Yankees can spend money after all:
The Yankees’ offer to Kevin Youkilis is one year at $12M, according to source.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) December 6, 2012
That’s a good offer for Youkilis in terms of dollars, but you have to wonder whether a one year deal in New York is what he’s looking for situation-wise. One year is good for him in order to establish his value and health, but if and when A-Rod comes back following his surgery, Youkilis may have some playing time issues. Does he stick an third and A-Rod DH? Is there a rotation?
Youkilis is said to have multiple offers. The one from the Yankees is the most delicious in terms of storylines and stuff, but it may not make as much sense as some of the others he has on the table.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)