Dec 6, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
Oh, so I guess the Yankees can spend money after all:
The Yankees’ offer to Kevin Youkilis is one year at $12M, according to source.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) December 6, 2012
That’s a good offer for Youkilis in terms of dollars, but you have to wonder whether a one year deal in New York is what he’s looking for situation-wise. One year is good for him in order to establish his value and health, but if and when A-Rod comes back following his surgery, Youkilis may have some playing time issues. Does he stick an third and A-Rod DH? Is there a rotation?
Youkilis is said to have multiple offers. The one from the Yankees is the most delicious in terms of storylines and stuff, but it may not make as much sense as some of the others he has on the table.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 7
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 20
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 49
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 26
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 11
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)