Dec 6, 2012, 6:25 PM EDT
UPDATE: The deal is official.
Phil Mackey of 1500 ESPN reports that Burton will earn $2 million next season and $3.25 million in 2014. The new deal includes a $3.6 million club option for 2015 that can be bought out for $200,000.
Burton signed with the Twins on a minor-league deal last offseason following several injury wrecked years with the Reds and was fantastic in a setup role, throwing 62 innings with a 2.18 ERA and 55/16 K/BB ratio.
He was arbitration eligible for the final time in 2013, but according to Wolfson the extension would cover 2013 and 2014 while giving the Twins an option for 2015.
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 0
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 31
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 53
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 96
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)