Dec 6, 2012, 6:25 PM EST
UPDATE: The deal is official.
Phil Mackey of 1500 ESPN reports that Burton will earn $2 million next season and $3.25 million in 2014. The new deal includes a $3.6 million club option for 2015 that can be bought out for $200,000.
Burton signed with the Twins on a minor-league deal last offseason following several injury wrecked years with the Reds and was fantastic in a setup role, throwing 62 innings with a 2.18 ERA and 55/16 K/BB ratio.
He was arbitration eligible for the final time in 2013, but according to Wolfson the extension would cover 2013 and 2014 while giving the Twins an option for 2015.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 77
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 34
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)