Dec 7, 2012, 1:51 PM EDT
Man, this is two days old! The things I miss at the Winter Meetings. From Tom Singer’s report at MLB.com:
According to the GM, [Neil] Walker “is getting close to getting into his [regular] offseason routine after a great rehab program … The rehab went really well, and he’s worked his tail off and looks forward to coming into Spring Training in the best shape of his life.”
Right on the nose, but I fear the era of BSOHL stories is drawing to a close. Singer, the writer, is quite aware of this being a meme. With the writers are aware, next will come the agents and players and eventually, I’d say within a year or two, even team owners and officials will either avoid the cliche or only offer it with a wink.
Sad, I suppose, but also the final evidence of the success of the BSOHL awareness campaign.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)