Dec 7, 2012, 11:21 PM EST
Dempster previously rejected a similar two-year, $26 million offer from the Royals while the Brewers have been reluctant to go beyond two years. Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel believes that he will sign with the first team who offers him a three-year contract.
Dempster had a 3.38 ERA and 153/52 K/BB ratio over 173 innings this past season, including a 5.09 ERA in 12 starts after being traded to the Rangers in late July. While things didn’t go all that smoothly during his first stint in the American League, the 35-year-old right-hander managed an impressive 70/25 K/BB ratio over 69 innings.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)