Dec 7, 2012, 11:21 PM EST
Dempster previously rejected a similar two-year, $26 million offer from the Royals while the Brewers have been reluctant to go beyond two years. Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel believes that he will sign with the first team who offers him a three-year contract.
Dempster had a 3.38 ERA and 153/52 K/BB ratio over 173 innings this past season, including a 5.09 ERA in 12 starts after being traded to the Rangers in late July. While things didn’t go all that smoothly during his first stint in the American League, the 35-year-old right-hander managed an impressive 70/25 K/BB ratio over 69 innings.
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 4
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 3
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 27
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)