Dec 7, 2012, 11:21 PM EDT
Dempster previously rejected a similar two-year, $26 million offer from the Royals while the Brewers have been reluctant to go beyond two years. Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel believes that he will sign with the first team who offers him a three-year contract.
Dempster had a 3.38 ERA and 153/52 K/BB ratio over 173 innings this past season, including a 5.09 ERA in 12 starts after being traded to the Rangers in late July. While things didn’t go all that smoothly during his first stint in the American League, the 35-year-old right-hander managed an impressive 70/25 K/BB ratio over 69 innings.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 0
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 127
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (129)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)