Dec 7, 2012, 11:21 PM EDT
Dempster previously rejected a similar two-year, $26 million offer from the Royals while the Brewers have been reluctant to go beyond two years. Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel believes that he will sign with the first team who offers him a three-year contract.
Dempster had a 3.38 ERA and 153/52 K/BB ratio over 173 innings this past season, including a 5.09 ERA in 12 starts after being traded to the Rangers in late July. While things didn’t go all that smoothly during his first stint in the American League, the 35-year-old right-hander managed an impressive 70/25 K/BB ratio over 69 innings.
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 39
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 84
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)