Dec 7, 2012, 9:17 AM EDT
Buster Olney notes something that most of us don’t think about with respect to free agent signings:
Agent points out as a factor in Greinke talks:Because of taxes, LAD would have to offer about $180m just to match a $150m-ish offer from TEX
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) December 7, 2012
Everyone has different things that motivate them. The taxes used to be offset by the In-N-Out Burger deficit, but they have In-N_Outs in Dallas now, so that’s even.
Personally, though, I would gladly pay $30 million to not have to play in the Texas heat.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)