Dec 7, 2012, 9:17 AM EDT
Buster Olney notes something that most of us don’t think about with respect to free agent signings:
Agent points out as a factor in Greinke talks:Because of taxes, LAD would have to offer about $180m just to match a $150m-ish offer from TEX
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) December 7, 2012
Everyone has different things that motivate them. The taxes used to be offset by the In-N-Out Burger deficit, but they have In-N_Outs in Dallas now, so that’s even.
Personally, though, I would gladly pay $30 million to not have to play in the Texas heat.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20