Dec 7, 2012, 9:01 AM EDT
Certainly a clear choice between dough and security for Youkilis. If he has a good year in 2013 the Yankees deal will allow him to capitalize on it, if he doesn’t, the Indians deal will mean more money over two than he’d be able to get. And of course the Indians can just give him a job while his playing time in New York may be limited — or at least his role changed somewhat — if A-Rod comes back healthy.
Oh, and in New York he’d have to shave, which is just unsettling.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 42
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 36
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 87
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 17
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)