Dec 7, 2012, 9:01 AM EST
Certainly a clear choice between dough and security for Youkilis. If he has a good year in 2013 the Yankees deal will allow him to capitalize on it, if he doesn’t, the Indians deal will mean more money over two than he’d be able to get. And of course the Indians can just give him a job while his playing time in New York may be limited — or at least his role changed somewhat — if A-Rod comes back healthy.
Oh, and in New York he’d have to shave, which is just unsettling.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 22
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 153
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)