Dec 7, 2012, 9:01 AM EDT
Certainly a clear choice between dough and security for Youkilis. If he has a good year in 2013 the Yankees deal will allow him to capitalize on it, if he doesn’t, the Indians deal will mean more money over two than he’d be able to get. And of course the Indians can just give him a job while his playing time in New York may be limited — or at least his role changed somewhat — if A-Rod comes back healthy.
Oh, and in New York he’d have to shave, which is just unsettling.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 44
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 60
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)