Dec 7, 2012, 9:01 AM EDT
Certainly a clear choice between dough and security for Youkilis. If he has a good year in 2013 the Yankees deal will allow him to capitalize on it, if he doesn’t, the Indians deal will mean more money over two than he’d be able to get. And of course the Indians can just give him a job while his playing time in New York may be limited — or at least his role changed somewhat — if A-Rod comes back healthy.
Oh, and in New York he’d have to shave, which is just unsettling.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 9
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)