Dec 7, 2012, 7:40 AM EST
Bob Nightengale tells us something interesting:
— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) December 7, 2012
Not so quiet, eh, Bob?
The most interesting part of that is the “not Brian Cashman” part. Sounds like Rafael Soriano part deux, where ownership — or maybe team president Randy Levine — is playing GM. Which is fun considering they apparently sent Cashman to Nashville with no money or mandate to do anything.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 72
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)