Dec 7, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Gavin Floyd has been rumored to be available in trades all offseason and now Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that the White Sox are also shopping outfielders Dayan Viciedo and Alejando De Aza.
According to Gonzales they’re looking for either a big left-handed bat or prospects. He says the Mariners were interested in Viciedo, at least before they signed Jason Bay, and the Reds are looking at De Aza as a potential leadoff man/center fielder solution.
It’ll be interesting to see what type of value the White Sox could get for Viciedo, because while he’s still just 23 years old and smacked 25 homers this season it’s not clear where he fits defensively long term and that power came with a terrible .300 on-base percentage and 120/28 K/BB ratio. He was a below-average hitter overall, producing a .744 OPS.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)