Dec 7, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Gavin Floyd has been rumored to be available in trades all offseason and now Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that the White Sox are also shopping outfielders Dayan Viciedo and Alejando De Aza.
According to Gonzales they’re looking for either a big left-handed bat or prospects. He says the Mariners were interested in Viciedo, at least before they signed Jason Bay, and the Reds are looking at De Aza as a potential leadoff man/center fielder solution.
It’ll be interesting to see what type of value the White Sox could get for Viciedo, because while he’s still just 23 years old and smacked 25 homers this season it’s not clear where he fits defensively long term and that power came with a terrible .300 on-base percentage and 120/28 K/BB ratio. He was a below-average hitter overall, producing a .744 OPS.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (267)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)