Dec 7, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Gavin Floyd has been rumored to be available in trades all offseason and now Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that the White Sox are also shopping outfielders Dayan Viciedo and Alejando De Aza.
According to Gonzales they’re looking for either a big left-handed bat or prospects. He says the Mariners were interested in Viciedo, at least before they signed Jason Bay, and the Reds are looking at De Aza as a potential leadoff man/center fielder solution.
It’ll be interesting to see what type of value the White Sox could get for Viciedo, because while he’s still just 23 years old and smacked 25 homers this season it’s not clear where he fits defensively long term and that power came with a terrible .300 on-base percentage and 120/28 K/BB ratio. He was a below-average hitter overall, producing a .744 OPS.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)