Dec 7, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Gavin Floyd has been rumored to be available in trades all offseason and now Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that the White Sox are also shopping outfielders Dayan Viciedo and Alejando De Aza.
According to Gonzales they’re looking for either a big left-handed bat or prospects. He says the Mariners were interested in Viciedo, at least before they signed Jason Bay, and the Reds are looking at De Aza as a potential leadoff man/center fielder solution.
It’ll be interesting to see what type of value the White Sox could get for Viciedo, because while he’s still just 23 years old and smacked 25 homers this season it’s not clear where he fits defensively long term and that power came with a terrible .300 on-base percentage and 120/28 K/BB ratio. He was a below-average hitter overall, producing a .744 OPS.
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a deal with Hanley Ramirez 0
- MLB Players React to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 9
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 76
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)