Dec 7, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Gavin Floyd has been rumored to be available in trades all offseason and now Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that the White Sox are also shopping outfielders Dayan Viciedo and Alejando De Aza.
According to Gonzales they’re looking for either a big left-handed bat or prospects. He says the Mariners were interested in Viciedo, at least before they signed Jason Bay, and the Reds are looking at De Aza as a potential leadoff man/center fielder solution.
It’ll be interesting to see what type of value the White Sox could get for Viciedo, because while he’s still just 23 years old and smacked 25 homers this season it’s not clear where he fits defensively long term and that power came with a terrible .300 on-base percentage and 120/28 K/BB ratio. He was a below-average hitter overall, producing a .744 OPS.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)