Dec 7, 2012, 2:16 PM EST
Gardner missed all but 16 games this year because of an elbow injured suffered in April and was arbitration eligible for the second time after making $2.8 million in 2012.
Prior to the injury he was an elite defensive left fielder and a dynamic player at the bottom of the Yankees’ lineup, getting on base at a .360 clip and stealing 45 bags per 150 games from 2009-2011. He’ll be under team control again in 2014 before becoming a free agent at age 30.
UPDATE: Gardner signed for $2.85 million.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 24
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 51
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)