Dec 9, 2012, 11:42 AM EDT
According to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal, the Rangers “still want to trade for” Diamondbacks outfielder Justin Upton. Which would mean letting Hamilton walk and going after one of the other free agent starters or spinning another trade for a front-line guy like R.A. Dickey or James Shields.
Upton batted .280/.355/.430 with 17 home runs, 18 stolen bases, 24 doubles and 67 RBI across 628 plate appearances this past season for Arizona.
The 25-year-old is under contract through the 2015 campaign for a total of $38.5 million.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)