Dec 9, 2012, 11:42 AM EDT
According to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal, the Rangers “still want to trade for” Diamondbacks outfielder Justin Upton. Which would mean letting Hamilton walk and going after one of the other free agent starters or spinning another trade for a front-line guy like R.A. Dickey or James Shields.
Upton batted .280/.355/.430 with 17 home runs, 18 stolen bases, 24 doubles and 67 RBI across 628 plate appearances this past season for Arizona.
The 25-year-old is under contract through the 2015 campaign for a total of $38.5 million.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 47
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 24
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 23
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 37
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (99)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)