Dec 10, 2012, 8:20 AM EDT
While you were thinking about the Royals-Rays trade, an announcement was made: NBC Sports and Yahoo! have formed a partnership:
Yahoo! and the NBC Sports Group today announced a content and promotional deal combining Yahoo! Sports’ original reporting expertise, coverage of big events, Rivals college content and popular fantasy sports products with NBC Sports Group’s growing digital assets and significant television promotion and integration. This alliance of two of the most trusted brands in sports will become the daily habit of fans looking for an all-star lineup of digital and on-air experiences.
OK, that’s the press release speak. What this means practically? Not a ton for you guys on a day to day basis. We’re still doing our thing. The Big League Stew guys and Yahoo!’s reporters like Jeff Passan are still doing theirs. We’re merely partnering up our complementary goods like NBC’s TV and video stuff, Yahoo!’s investigative reporting (Passan, Dan Wetzel and Adrian Wojnarowski), their heavily-trafficked portal and readership and their fantasy platform, which will feature Rotoworld’s unparalleled content.
The thing you may notice most immediately? Traffic is going to spike and we will likely have many new friends in the comments section. With whom WE WILL ALL PLAY NICE, RIGHT?! Don’t make me stop this car. Because I will do it.
Seriously, though, we are really excited about this. It instantly makes NBC/Yahoo! the biggest sports destination on the planet. And, more importantly, gives you guys everything you could possibly need as sports fans.
Now, back to your regularly-scheduled stuff.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 0
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 67
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 58
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)