Dec 10, 2012, 8:20 AM EDT
While you were thinking about the Royals-Rays trade, an announcement was made: NBC Sports and Yahoo! have formed a partnership:
Yahoo! and the NBC Sports Group today announced a content and promotional deal combining Yahoo! Sports’ original reporting expertise, coverage of big events, Rivals college content and popular fantasy sports products with NBC Sports Group’s growing digital assets and significant television promotion and integration. This alliance of two of the most trusted brands in sports will become the daily habit of fans looking for an all-star lineup of digital and on-air experiences.
OK, that’s the press release speak. What this means practically? Not a ton for you guys on a day to day basis. We’re still doing our thing. The Big League Stew guys and Yahoo!’s reporters like Jeff Passan are still doing theirs. We’re merely partnering up our complementary goods like NBC’s TV and video stuff, Yahoo!’s investigative reporting (Passan, Dan Wetzel and Adrian Wojnarowski), their heavily-trafficked portal and readership and their fantasy platform, which will feature Rotoworld’s unparalleled content.
The thing you may notice most immediately? Traffic is going to spike and we will likely have many new friends in the comments section. With whom WE WILL ALL PLAY NICE, RIGHT?! Don’t make me stop this car. Because I will do it.
Seriously, though, we are really excited about this. It instantly makes NBC/Yahoo! the biggest sports destination on the planet. And, more importantly, gives you guys everything you could possibly need as sports fans.
Now, back to your regularly-scheduled stuff.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 11
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 2
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)