Dec 10, 2012, 8:20 AM EDT
While you were thinking about the Royals-Rays trade, an announcement was made: NBC Sports and Yahoo! have formed a partnership:
Yahoo! and the NBC Sports Group today announced a content and promotional deal combining Yahoo! Sports’ original reporting expertise, coverage of big events, Rivals college content and popular fantasy sports products with NBC Sports Group’s growing digital assets and significant television promotion and integration. This alliance of two of the most trusted brands in sports will become the daily habit of fans looking for an all-star lineup of digital and on-air experiences.
OK, that’s the press release speak. What this means practically? Not a ton for you guys on a day to day basis. We’re still doing our thing. The Big League Stew guys and Yahoo!’s reporters like Jeff Passan are still doing theirs. We’re merely partnering up our complementary goods like NBC’s TV and video stuff, Yahoo!’s investigative reporting (Passan, Dan Wetzel and Adrian Wojnarowski), their heavily-trafficked portal and readership and their fantasy platform, which will feature Rotoworld’s unparalleled content.
The thing you may notice most immediately? Traffic is going to spike and we will likely have many new friends in the comments section. With whom WE WILL ALL PLAY NICE, RIGHT?! Don’t make me stop this car. Because I will do it.
Seriously, though, we are really excited about this. It instantly makes NBC/Yahoo! the biggest sports destination on the planet. And, more importantly, gives you guys everything you could possibly need as sports fans.
Now, back to your regularly-scheduled stuff.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)