Dec 10, 2012, 8:20 AM EDT
While you were thinking about the Royals-Rays trade, an announcement was made: NBC Sports and Yahoo! have formed a partnership:
Yahoo! and the NBC Sports Group today announced a content and promotional deal combining Yahoo! Sports’ original reporting expertise, coverage of big events, Rivals college content and popular fantasy sports products with NBC Sports Group’s growing digital assets and significant television promotion and integration. This alliance of two of the most trusted brands in sports will become the daily habit of fans looking for an all-star lineup of digital and on-air experiences.
OK, that’s the press release speak. What this means practically? Not a ton for you guys on a day to day basis. We’re still doing our thing. The Big League Stew guys and Yahoo!’s reporters like Jeff Passan are still doing theirs. We’re merely partnering up our complementary goods like NBC’s TV and video stuff, Yahoo!’s investigative reporting (Passan, Dan Wetzel and Adrian Wojnarowski), their heavily-trafficked portal and readership and their fantasy platform, which will feature Rotoworld’s unparalleled content.
The thing you may notice most immediately? Traffic is going to spike and we will likely have many new friends in the comments section. With whom WE WILL ALL PLAY NICE, RIGHT?! Don’t make me stop this car. Because I will do it.
Seriously, though, we are really excited about this. It instantly makes NBC/Yahoo! the biggest sports destination on the planet. And, more importantly, gives you guys everything you could possibly need as sports fans.
Now, back to your regularly-scheduled stuff.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)