Dec 10, 2012, 8:20 AM EDT
While you were thinking about the Royals-Rays trade, an announcement was made: NBC Sports and Yahoo! have formed a partnership:
Yahoo! and the NBC Sports Group today announced a content and promotional deal combining Yahoo! Sports’ original reporting expertise, coverage of big events, Rivals college content and popular fantasy sports products with NBC Sports Group’s growing digital assets and significant television promotion and integration. This alliance of two of the most trusted brands in sports will become the daily habit of fans looking for an all-star lineup of digital and on-air experiences.
OK, that’s the press release speak. What this means practically? Not a ton for you guys on a day to day basis. We’re still doing our thing. The Big League Stew guys and Yahoo!’s reporters like Jeff Passan are still doing theirs. We’re merely partnering up our complementary goods like NBC’s TV and video stuff, Yahoo!’s investigative reporting (Passan, Dan Wetzel and Adrian Wojnarowski), their heavily-trafficked portal and readership and their fantasy platform, which will feature Rotoworld’s unparalleled content.
The thing you may notice most immediately? Traffic is going to spike and we will likely have many new friends in the comments section. With whom WE WILL ALL PLAY NICE, RIGHT?! Don’t make me stop this car. Because I will do it.
Seriously, though, we are really excited about this. It instantly makes NBC/Yahoo! the biggest sports destination on the planet. And, more importantly, gives you guys everything you could possibly need as sports fans.
Now, back to your regularly-scheduled stuff.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 21
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)