Dec 11, 2012, 11:23 PM EDT
No word yet on what St. Louis gets in return.
Schumaker posted a weak .276/.339/.368 batting line with one home run and 28 RBI across 304 plate appearances this summer while playing defensively at second base and all three outfield positions.
The 32-year-old will presumably see playing time all around the diamond in 2013 for Los Angeles. He’s set to hit the free agent market next winter.
UPDATE, Wednesday, 6:58 PM: The Cardinals received infield prospect Jake Lemmerman from the Dodgers. The 23-year-old is a .285/.377/.448 career hitter through three seasons in the minor leagues.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)