Dec 11, 2012, 11:23 PM EDT
No word yet on what St. Louis gets in return.
Schumaker posted a weak .276/.339/.368 batting line with one home run and 28 RBI across 304 plate appearances this summer while playing defensively at second base and all three outfield positions.
The 32-year-old will presumably see playing time all around the diamond in 2013 for Los Angeles. He’s set to hit the free agent market next winter.
UPDATE, Wednesday, 6:58 PM: The Cardinals received infield prospect Jake Lemmerman from the Dodgers. The 23-year-old is a .285/.377/.448 career hitter through three seasons in the minor leagues.
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 24
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 61
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 113
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (113)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)