Dec 11, 2012, 11:23 PM EDT
No word yet on what St. Louis gets in return.
Schumaker posted a weak .276/.339/.368 batting line with one home run and 28 RBI across 304 plate appearances this summer while playing defensively at second base and all three outfield positions.
The 32-year-old will presumably see playing time all around the diamond in 2013 for Los Angeles. He’s set to hit the free agent market next winter.
UPDATE, Wednesday, 6:58 PM: The Cardinals received infield prospect Jake Lemmerman from the Dodgers. The 23-year-old is a .285/.377/.448 career hitter through three seasons in the minor leagues.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 11
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 16
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)