Dec 11, 2012, 11:23 PM EST
No word yet on what St. Louis gets in return.
Schumaker posted a weak .276/.339/.368 batting line with one home run and 28 RBI across 304 plate appearances this summer while playing defensively at second base and all three outfield positions.
The 32-year-old will presumably see playing time all around the diamond in 2013 for Los Angeles. He’s set to hit the free agent market next winter.
UPDATE, Wednesday, 6:58 PM: The Cardinals received infield prospect Jake Lemmerman from the Dodgers. The 23-year-old is a .285/.377/.448 career hitter through three seasons in the minor leagues.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)