Dec 11, 2012, 11:23 PM EDT
No word yet on what St. Louis gets in return.
Schumaker posted a weak .276/.339/.368 batting line with one home run and 28 RBI across 304 plate appearances this summer while playing defensively at second base and all three outfield positions.
The 32-year-old will presumably see playing time all around the diamond in 2013 for Los Angeles. He’s set to hit the free agent market next winter.
UPDATE, Wednesday, 6:58 PM: The Cardinals received infield prospect Jake Lemmerman from the Dodgers. The 23-year-old is a .285/.377/.448 career hitter through three seasons in the minor leagues.
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 24
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 109
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 155
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (155)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (113)