Dec 11, 2012, 10:54 PM EST
John Gambadoro of 620 KTAR in Phoenix was told late Tuesday night that Upton “will not be traded” and that Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers “will not be entertaining any more offers” for him.
Upton batted .280/.355/.430 with 17 home runs and 67 RBI in 150 games this past summer for the Snakes. He hit .289/.369/.529 with 31 home runs and 88 RBI in 159 games the season before.
The 25-year-old is owed $9.75 million in 2013, $14.25 million in 2013 and $14.5 million in 2014.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)