Dec 11, 2012, 10:54 PM EDT
John Gambadoro of 620 KTAR in Phoenix was told late Tuesday night that Upton “will not be traded” and that Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers “will not be entertaining any more offers” for him.
Upton batted .280/.355/.430 with 17 home runs and 67 RBI in 150 games this past summer for the Snakes. He hit .289/.369/.529 with 31 home runs and 88 RBI in 159 games the season before.
The 25-year-old is owed $9.75 million in 2013, $14.25 million in 2013 and $14.5 million in 2014.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 25
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)