Dec 11, 2012, 10:54 PM EDT
John Gambadoro of 620 KTAR in Phoenix was told late Tuesday night that Upton “will not be traded” and that Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers “will not be entertaining any more offers” for him.
Upton batted .280/.355/.430 with 17 home runs and 67 RBI in 150 games this past summer for the Snakes. He hit .289/.369/.529 with 31 home runs and 88 RBI in 159 games the season before.
The 25-year-old is owed $9.75 million in 2013, $14.25 million in 2013 and $14.5 million in 2014.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)