Dec 11, 2012, 10:54 PM EDT
John Gambadoro of 620 KTAR in Phoenix was told late Tuesday night that Upton “will not be traded” and that Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers “will not be entertaining any more offers” for him.
Upton batted .280/.355/.430 with 17 home runs and 67 RBI in 150 games this past summer for the Snakes. He hit .289/.369/.529 with 31 home runs and 88 RBI in 159 games the season before.
The 25-year-old is owed $9.75 million in 2013, $14.25 million in 2013 and $14.5 million in 2014.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)