Dec 11, 2012, 10:54 PM EDT
John Gambadoro of 620 KTAR in Phoenix was told late Tuesday night that Upton “will not be traded” and that Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers “will not be entertaining any more offers” for him.
Upton batted .280/.355/.430 with 17 home runs and 67 RBI in 150 games this past summer for the Snakes. He hit .289/.369/.529 with 31 home runs and 88 RBI in 159 games the season before.
The 25-year-old is owed $9.75 million in 2013, $14.25 million in 2013 and $14.5 million in 2014.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11