Dec 11, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
I’m not dead. I’m not. I’m getting better. I don’t want to go on the cart. I feel fine. I think I’ll go for a walk. I feel happy. I feel happy:
“I’m not retired,” the 42-year-old slugger said with a laugh. “If someone wants me to play, I’d consider it for sure. I feel good. If I didn’t feel good, I wouldn’t even consider it. But I feel good. I’d like to play.”
That’s from Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com, who caught up with Thome after a “strenuous workout.” Thome’s workout, not Salisbury’s.
Thome is realistic: he knows it’s pretty much DH or bust, though he’d listen if an NL team called. And he’s at peace if no one calls.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17