Dec 11, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Garza announced via Twitter that he “felt great.”
Prior to the injury Garza was rumored to be on the trading block and for a while the Cubs held out hope that he could return in time to make an August waiver deal possible, but he never made any real progress.
That also makes it tough for the Cubs to trade Garza this offseason, whereas a healthy Garza with one year of arbitration eligibility remaining before hitting the open market as a free agent next winter would have been a hot commodity.
In two seasons with the Cubs the 29-year-old right-hander has a 3.52 ERA and 293 strikeouts in 302 innings.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 77
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 61
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)