Dec 11, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
According to Mike Puma of the New York Post the Mets are “kicking the tires” on free agent outfielder Cody Ross, which is always one of my favorite go-to phrases of any offseason.
Puma reports that the Mets are unlikely to offer Ross more than two years, but if he’s willing to sign in the same price range as Ryan Ludwick did with the Reds–getting $15 million for two years–he could be an option in New York.
Early in the offseason the assumption was that Ross would wind up back with the Red Sox, but that’s been all but ruled out after Boston signed Shane Victorino, Jonny Gomes, and Mike Napoli.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)