Dec 11, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
According to Mike Puma of the New York Post the Mets are “kicking the tires” on free agent outfielder Cody Ross, which is always one of my favorite go-to phrases of any offseason.
Puma reports that the Mets are unlikely to offer Ross more than two years, but if he’s willing to sign in the same price range as Ryan Ludwick did with the Reds–getting $15 million for two years–he could be an option in New York.
Early in the offseason the assumption was that Ross would wind up back with the Red Sox, but that’s been all but ruled out after Boston signed Shane Victorino, Jonny Gomes, and Mike Napoli.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40