Dec 11, 2012, 5:08 PM EDT
The Mets have yet to meet R.A. Dickey‘s pretty reasonable demands. So R.A. Dickey took his case to the media at the Mets Christmas party thing today. Now the Mets, angered that Dickey used that event to beef about contract things, are taking their case about that to the media:
Mets are “not happy” according to a club source that Dickey used Mets holiday party as a forum for airing of the grievances.
— Mike Puma (@NYPost_Mets) December 11, 2012
I see what you did there, Mike. But I can’t blame you. It would take a feat of strength to avoid using those words. To avoid such a thing would be a Fesitvus miracle.
In other news, the Mets and R.A. Dickey really need to take their negotiations out of the media and do them in private. They’re not that far apart. Just get the deal done and be happy.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)