Dec 11, 2012, 5:08 PM EDT
The Mets have yet to meet R.A. Dickey‘s pretty reasonable demands. So R.A. Dickey took his case to the media at the Mets Christmas party thing today. Now the Mets, angered that Dickey used that event to beef about contract things, are taking their case about that to the media:
Mets are “not happy” according to a club source that Dickey used Mets holiday party as a forum for airing of the grievances.
— Mike Puma (@NYPost_Mets) December 11, 2012
I see what you did there, Mike. But I can’t blame you. It would take a feat of strength to avoid using those words. To avoid such a thing would be a Fesitvus miracle.
In other news, the Mets and R.A. Dickey really need to take their negotiations out of the media and do them in private. They’re not that far apart. Just get the deal done and be happy.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 6
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 55
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105