Dec 11, 2012, 5:08 PM EST
The Mets have yet to meet R.A. Dickey‘s pretty reasonable demands. So R.A. Dickey took his case to the media at the Mets Christmas party thing today. Now the Mets, angered that Dickey used that event to beef about contract things, are taking their case about that to the media:
Mets are “not happy” according to a club source that Dickey used Mets holiday party as a forum for airing of the grievances.
— Mike Puma (@NYPost_Mets) December 11, 2012
I see what you did there, Mike. But I can’t blame you. It would take a feat of strength to avoid using those words. To avoid such a thing would be a Fesitvus miracle.
In other news, the Mets and R.A. Dickey really need to take their negotiations out of the media and do them in private. They’re not that far apart. Just get the deal done and be happy.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 230
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (228)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)