Dec 11, 2012, 5:08 PM EST
The Mets have yet to meet R.A. Dickey‘s pretty reasonable demands. So R.A. Dickey took his case to the media at the Mets Christmas party thing today. Now the Mets, angered that Dickey used that event to beef about contract things, are taking their case about that to the media:
Mets are “not happy” according to a club source that Dickey used Mets holiday party as a forum for airing of the grievances.
— Mike Puma (@NYPost_Mets) December 11, 2012
I see what you did there, Mike. But I can’t blame you. It would take a feat of strength to avoid using those words. To avoid such a thing would be a Fesitvus miracle.
In other news, the Mets and R.A. Dickey really need to take their negotiations out of the media and do them in private. They’re not that far apart. Just get the deal done and be happy.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 0
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 33
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 4
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 29
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (134)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)