Dec 11, 2012, 5:08 PM EST
The Mets have yet to meet R.A. Dickey‘s pretty reasonable demands. So R.A. Dickey took his case to the media at the Mets Christmas party thing today. Now the Mets, angered that Dickey used that event to beef about contract things, are taking their case about that to the media:
Mets are “not happy” according to a club source that Dickey used Mets holiday party as a forum for airing of the grievances.
— Mike Puma (@NYPost_Mets) December 11, 2012
I see what you did there, Mike. But I can’t blame you. It would take a feat of strength to avoid using those words. To avoid such a thing would be a Fesitvus miracle.
In other news, the Mets and R.A. Dickey really need to take their negotiations out of the media and do them in private. They’re not that far apart. Just get the deal done and be happy.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 27
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40