Dec 11, 2012, 12:31 PM EST
News came yesterday that the Yankees, Cubs and Angels have opted out of the MLB deal with StubHub for secondary market ticket sales.
We’ve talked about that in the past. The upshot: the Yankees and some other teams don’t like that the StubHub prices are often lower than tickets the Yankees are still selling at the box office. Which, cry me a river, if people won’t buy prices at what you’re asking it’s because your prices are too high. Still, that’s their beef, and their move to Ticketmaster, which has price floors for secondary market tickets, is their response. It’s a free country.
But I do love the quote from the Yankees about why they’ve made this move:
The Yankees are completing a deal with Ticketmaster that will, the source said, “be much more fan-friendly, have less fees and more accessibility.” Ticketmaster spokeswoman Jacqueline Peterson declined comment.
I’m assuming the Ticketmaster person didn’t comment because even she doesn’t understand how the words “fan-friendly” and “less fees” can possibly be associated with Ticketmaster.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 31
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)