Dec 11, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
News came yesterday that the Yankees, Cubs and Angels have opted out of the MLB deal with StubHub for secondary market ticket sales.
We’ve talked about that in the past. The upshot: the Yankees and some other teams don’t like that the StubHub prices are often lower than tickets the Yankees are still selling at the box office. Which, cry me a river, if people won’t buy prices at what you’re asking it’s because your prices are too high. Still, that’s their beef, and their move to Ticketmaster, which has price floors for secondary market tickets, is their response. It’s a free country.
But I do love the quote from the Yankees about why they’ve made this move:
The Yankees are completing a deal with Ticketmaster that will, the source said, “be much more fan-friendly, have less fees and more accessibility.” Ticketmaster spokeswoman Jacqueline Peterson declined comment.
I’m assuming the Ticketmaster person didn’t comment because even she doesn’t understand how the words “fan-friendly” and “less fees” can possibly be associated with Ticketmaster.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 55
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 15
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 43
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead