Dec 11, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
News came yesterday that the Yankees, Cubs and Angels have opted out of the MLB deal with StubHub for secondary market ticket sales.
We’ve talked about that in the past. The upshot: the Yankees and some other teams don’t like that the StubHub prices are often lower than tickets the Yankees are still selling at the box office. Which, cry me a river, if people won’t buy prices at what you’re asking it’s because your prices are too high. Still, that’s their beef, and their move to Ticketmaster, which has price floors for secondary market tickets, is their response. It’s a free country.
But I do love the quote from the Yankees about why they’ve made this move:
The Yankees are completing a deal with Ticketmaster that will, the source said, “be much more fan-friendly, have less fees and more accessibility.” Ticketmaster spokeswoman Jacqueline Peterson declined comment.
I’m assuming the Ticketmaster person didn’t comment because even she doesn’t understand how the words “fan-friendly” and “less fees” can possibly be associated with Ticketmaster.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 12
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 14
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)