Dec 11, 2012, 11:02 AM EST
Wait, so you’re telling me that being an elf doesn’t smooth everything over? I’m shocked:
Very pointed comments from R.A. Dickey. Said he likely would be a goner after 2013 season as free agent if Mets just let extension play out.
— Adam Rubin (@AdamRubinESPN) December 11, 2012
Rubin went on to tweet that Dickey said “he has been more than generous,” that he has “extended olive branch” and that he’s “disappointed.”
Pay the man, Sandy (UPDATE: OK, it may not be Sandy’s fault). Just pay the man. He’s not asking for anything unreasonable. You can pay him a bit more than what Joe freakin’ Blanton is making. As it is now, the most popular member of your team, who happens to be the best pitcher on your team, has been reduced to begging for a below-market deal in the media. Just disgraceful.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)