Dec 11, 2012, 11:02 AM EST
Wait, so you’re telling me that being an elf doesn’t smooth everything over? I’m shocked:
Very pointed comments from R.A. Dickey. Said he likely would be a goner after 2013 season as free agent if Mets just let extension play out.
— Adam Rubin (@AdamRubinESPN) December 11, 2012
Rubin went on to tweet that Dickey said “he has been more than generous,” that he has “extended olive branch” and that he’s “disappointed.”
Pay the man, Sandy (UPDATE: OK, it may not be Sandy’s fault). Just pay the man. He’s not asking for anything unreasonable. You can pay him a bit more than what Joe freakin’ Blanton is making. As it is now, the most popular member of your team, who happens to be the best pitcher on your team, has been reduced to begging for a below-market deal in the media. Just disgraceful.
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 1
- Cubs sign reliever Jose Veras to one-year pact 1
- Report: MLB recorded record revenues in 2013 32
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts 70
- Diamondbacks trade for White Sox closer Addison Reed 28
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)