Dec 11, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
Wait, so you’re telling me that being an elf doesn’t smooth everything over? I’m shocked:
Very pointed comments from R.A. Dickey. Said he likely would be a goner after 2013 season as free agent if Mets just let extension play out.
— Adam Rubin (@AdamRubinESPN) December 11, 2012
Rubin went on to tweet that Dickey said “he has been more than generous,” that he has “extended olive branch” and that he’s “disappointed.”
Pay the man, Sandy (UPDATE: OK, it may not be Sandy’s fault). Just pay the man. He’s not asking for anything unreasonable. You can pay him a bit more than what Joe freakin’ Blanton is making. As it is now, the most popular member of your team, who happens to be the best pitcher on your team, has been reduced to begging for a below-market deal in the media. Just disgraceful.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 0
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12