Dec 11, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
Wait, so you’re telling me that being an elf doesn’t smooth everything over? I’m shocked:
Very pointed comments from R.A. Dickey. Said he likely would be a goner after 2013 season as free agent if Mets just let extension play out.
— Adam Rubin (@AdamRubinESPN) December 11, 2012
Rubin went on to tweet that Dickey said “he has been more than generous,” that he has “extended olive branch” and that he’s “disappointed.”
Pay the man, Sandy (UPDATE: OK, it may not be Sandy’s fault). Just pay the man. He’s not asking for anything unreasonable. You can pay him a bit more than what Joe freakin’ Blanton is making. As it is now, the most popular member of your team, who happens to be the best pitcher on your team, has been reduced to begging for a below-market deal in the media. Just disgraceful.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 0
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)