Dec 11, 2012, 7:13 PM EDT
ESPN’s Buster Olney opined last week that the Indians are in the best position to sign free agent outfielder Nick Swisher. But a deal obviously hasn’t been struck yet and they do have some competition.
Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com was told by a baseball source on Tuesday that the Red Sox are “one of four teams” interested in signing Swisher.
The Giants and Mariners may be the other two.
Swisher batted .272/.364/.473 with 24 home runs and 93 RBI in 148 games this past season for the Yankees. The 32-year-old is thought to be seeking a five- or six-year contract.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 0
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 36
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 14
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 31
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)