Dec 11, 2012, 7:13 PM EDT
ESPN’s Buster Olney opined last week that the Indians are in the best position to sign free agent outfielder Nick Swisher. But a deal obviously hasn’t been struck yet and they do have some competition.
Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com was told by a baseball source on Tuesday that the Red Sox are “one of four teams” interested in signing Swisher.
The Giants and Mariners may be the other two.
Swisher batted .272/.364/.473 with 24 home runs and 93 RBI in 148 games this past season for the Yankees. The 32-year-old is thought to be seeking a five- or six-year contract.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 2
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 6
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 11
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 29
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3