Dec 11, 2012, 4:10 PM EDT
All offseason the Reds have been linked to various center fielders as they looked to upgrade from Stubbs, but it’s worth noting that Choo hasn’t played an inning in center field since 2009 and has just 10 career starts in center field during his eight-season career. At age 30 he isn’t even a standout right fielder.
Choo will definitely be a massive upgrade in the leadoff spot with a .381 career on-base percentage that includes a .371 mark this year, and when healthy he’s one of the more underrated all-around outfielders in baseball. But even with the solid Jay Bruce in right field an outfield that has Choo in center field and Ryan Ludwick in left field figures to be pretty ugly.
Stubbs would presumably take over as the Indians’ starting center fielder, pushing Michael Brantley to left field, and Gregorius would give Cleveland a potential shortstop replacement if Asdrubal Cabrera is traded.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)