Dec 11, 2012, 8:24 AM EDT
R.A. Dickey reportedly wants a two-year, $26 million extension that, along with the $5 million he’s owed for 2013, will give him a three-year $31 million deal. The Mets have been pussyfooting around an offer for Dickey, but Andy Martino of the Daily News reports that they are now offering a two-year extension at $10 million a year, bringing their three-year total offer up to $25 million.
Better, but c’mon Mets. In this market, when tomato cans like Ervin Santana are making $13 million a year, you can give the reigning Cy Young Award winner a deal with an AAV of a skinch over $10 million.
This will probably get done. I mean, it has to, right? Dickey’s and elf today, and what man does that without a deal?
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 43
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 33
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (75)