Dec 11, 2012, 8:24 AM EDT
R.A. Dickey reportedly wants a two-year, $26 million extension that, along with the $5 million he’s owed for 2013, will give him a three-year $31 million deal. The Mets have been pussyfooting around an offer for Dickey, but Andy Martino of the Daily News reports that they are now offering a two-year extension at $10 million a year, bringing their three-year total offer up to $25 million.
Better, but c’mon Mets. In this market, when tomato cans like Ervin Santana are making $13 million a year, you can give the reigning Cy Young Award winner a deal with an AAV of a skinch over $10 million.
This will probably get done. I mean, it has to, right? Dickey’s and elf today, and what man does that without a deal?
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)