Dec 11, 2012, 8:24 AM EDT
R.A. Dickey reportedly wants a two-year, $26 million extension that, along with the $5 million he’s owed for 2013, will give him a three-year $31 million deal. The Mets have been pussyfooting around an offer for Dickey, but Andy Martino of the Daily News reports that they are now offering a two-year extension at $10 million a year, bringing their three-year total offer up to $25 million.
Better, but c’mon Mets. In this market, when tomato cans like Ervin Santana are making $13 million a year, you can give the reigning Cy Young Award winner a deal with an AAV of a skinch over $10 million.
This will probably get done. I mean, it has to, right? Dickey’s and elf today, and what man does that without a deal?
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20