Dec 11, 2012, 8:24 AM EDT
R.A. Dickey reportedly wants a two-year, $26 million extension that, along with the $5 million he’s owed for 2013, will give him a three-year $31 million deal. The Mets have been pussyfooting around an offer for Dickey, but Andy Martino of the Daily News reports that they are now offering a two-year extension at $10 million a year, bringing their three-year total offer up to $25 million.
Better, but c’mon Mets. In this market, when tomato cans like Ervin Santana are making $13 million a year, you can give the reigning Cy Young Award winner a deal with an AAV of a skinch over $10 million.
This will probably get done. I mean, it has to, right? Dickey’s and elf today, and what man does that without a deal?
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)