Dec 11, 2012, 8:24 AM EST
R.A. Dickey reportedly wants a two-year, $26 million extension that, along with the $5 million he’s owed for 2013, will give him a three-year $31 million deal. The Mets have been pussyfooting around an offer for Dickey, but Andy Martino of the Daily News reports that they are now offering a two-year extension at $10 million a year, bringing their three-year total offer up to $25 million.
Better, but c’mon Mets. In this market, when tomato cans like Ervin Santana are making $13 million a year, you can give the reigning Cy Young Award winner a deal with an AAV of a skinch over $10 million.
This will probably get done. I mean, it has to, right? Dickey’s and elf today, and what man does that without a deal?
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)