Dec 11, 2012, 6:54 AM EDT
1. Tigers fans grumbled about third base coach Gene Lamont sending runners into outs last year.
2. The Tigers make Gene Lamont bench coach and name Tom Brookens third base coach.
3. At the Winter Meetings last week, Jim Leyland said it was because Lamont has leg trouble.
4. In a radio interview yesterday, Brookens said that, in addition to the leg issues, Lamont had an eye problem last year.
5. Yes, you read that correctly, the third base coach had trouble with his eyes. Kinda concerning?
6. When asked, Brookens said of his third base coaching style in the minors: “I like to send guys if I think they got a chance and if they get thrown out, so be it.”
There you are, Tigers fans. I know the holiday season is busy, so there are your talking points in the event you want to get angry about something today.
(Thanks to Allison, who probably shouldn’t be up this early but is anyway, for the heads up)
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 0
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 10
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)