Dec 11, 2012, 6:54 AM EDT
1. Tigers fans grumbled about third base coach Gene Lamont sending runners into outs last year.
2. The Tigers make Gene Lamont bench coach and name Tom Brookens third base coach.
3. At the Winter Meetings last week, Jim Leyland said it was because Lamont has leg trouble.
4. In a radio interview yesterday, Brookens said that, in addition to the leg issues, Lamont had an eye problem last year.
5. Yes, you read that correctly, the third base coach had trouble with his eyes. Kinda concerning?
6. When asked, Brookens said of his third base coaching style in the minors: “I like to send guys if I think they got a chance and if they get thrown out, so be it.”
There you are, Tigers fans. I know the holiday season is busy, so there are your talking points in the event you want to get angry about something today.
(Thanks to Allison, who probably shouldn’t be up this early but is anyway, for the heads up)
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 6
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)