Dec 12, 2012, 9:05 AM EDT
The Zeno’s paradox of free agent deals — Ichiro’s imminent deal with the Yankees — continues to draw closer, everyone is saying. The distance to the target has been cut in half again:
#Yankees know they are signing Ichiro, decision is 1 yr, 1 yr with vesting option or 2-yr deal.
— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) December 12, 2012
At any given time the deal is not yet struck, yet it always grows closer. Like the Antelope Freeway on the Firesign Theater’s second album.
Yet another contract by the Yankees that will not necessarily commit them to anything beyond 2013. Which, sure, in this case makes sense as it does in Kevin Youkilis‘ case and Hiroki Kuroda‘s. But it is certainly going to make for an interesting season and 2013-14 offseason for Brian Cashman.
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 12
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 3
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 59
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games