Dec 12, 2012, 2:07 PM EDT
UPDATE: Well, this is no fun:
The Hamilton/Philly reports all sprung out of a fake Jon Heyman account (my fake account is much cooler). Our website was duped. Apologies.
— Evan Grant (@Evan_P_Grant) December 12, 2012
Much rather would have the intrigue, frankly.
Or maybe it’s a red herring …
[Drop it — ed]
1:58 PM: Forgive me for this, but I started watching the BBC series “Sherlock” the other day — I’m on episode five of the six episode run — and it’s pretty much the most amazing thing ever. And affecting. Since I began watching it I can’t meet someone on the street without immediately trying to determine if they have a suntan just below their collar, dog hairs on their pants and whether the their shoes are old but still well taken care of. Put differently: I’m seeing clues and tells and patterns in everything right now and I see no sign of it stopping.
As such, I find this little clue — passed along by Halladay’s Bicepts, who I am not at all prepared to make my Dr. Watson even if he has been helpful these past few days — to be most interesting. A removed page from the Dallas Morning News. Check the URL. Specifically, the “could be done tonight” part:
My abductive reasoning — and Holmes, Darryl Zero and all of my heroes use abductive, rather than deductive reasoning despite what they say — tells me that someone with the Morning News knows something. And had a story about it, however, briefly, before they were required to take it down due to some sourcing formality. Like, say, they weren’t supposed to say anything until 5pm. Or an editor hadn’t signed off.
So maybe — just maybe — Josh Hamilton is going to be a Philly soon. Maybe as early as tonight. Not quite elementary, but when you eliminate the impossible, etc. etc.
Oh, and the guy who wrote it had chicken salad for lunch, is in an unhappy marriage and recently purchased a blue blazer that is too large for him yet he still wears because despite his weight loss he still sees himself as a 46.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 110
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 71
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 52
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (115)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)