Dec 12, 2012, 2:07 PM EDT
UPDATE: Well, this is no fun:
The Hamilton/Philly reports all sprung out of a fake Jon Heyman account (my fake account is much cooler). Our website was duped. Apologies.
— Evan Grant (@Evan_P_Grant) December 12, 2012
Much rather would have the intrigue, frankly.
Or maybe it’s a red herring …
[Drop it — ed]
1:58 PM: Forgive me for this, but I started watching the BBC series “Sherlock” the other day — I’m on episode five of the six episode run — and it’s pretty much the most amazing thing ever. And affecting. Since I began watching it I can’t meet someone on the street without immediately trying to determine if they have a suntan just below their collar, dog hairs on their pants and whether the their shoes are old but still well taken care of. Put differently: I’m seeing clues and tells and patterns in everything right now and I see no sign of it stopping.
As such, I find this little clue — passed along by Halladay’s Bicepts, who I am not at all prepared to make my Dr. Watson even if he has been helpful these past few days — to be most interesting. A removed page from the Dallas Morning News. Check the URL. Specifically, the “could be done tonight” part:
My abductive reasoning — and Holmes, Darryl Zero and all of my heroes use abductive, rather than deductive reasoning despite what they say — tells me that someone with the Morning News knows something. And had a story about it, however, briefly, before they were required to take it down due to some sourcing formality. Like, say, they weren’t supposed to say anything until 5pm. Or an editor hadn’t signed off.
So maybe — just maybe — Josh Hamilton is going to be a Philly soon. Maybe as early as tonight. Not quite elementary, but when you eliminate the impossible, etc. etc.
Oh, and the guy who wrote it had chicken salad for lunch, is in an unhappy marriage and recently purchased a blue blazer that is too large for him yet he still wears because despite his weight loss he still sees himself as a 46.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)