Dec 12, 2012, 10:06 PM EDT
Van Slyke batted just .167/.196/.315 in 57 plate appearances this summer for Los Angeles, but he also hit .327/.404/.578 with 18 homers and 67 RBI in 411 plate appearances at Triple-A Albuquerque.
The 25-year-old son of Andy Van Slyke seems like a worthwhile claim for a variety of major league teams.
He has appeared primarily in left field, right field and at first base over the past couple of seasons.
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 8
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 38
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 89
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)