Dec 12, 2012, 10:06 PM EST
Van Slyke batted just .167/.196/.315 in 57 plate appearances this summer for Los Angeles, but he also hit .327/.404/.578 with 18 homers and 67 RBI in 411 plate appearances at Triple-A Albuquerque.
The 25-year-old son of Andy Van Slyke seems like a worthwhile claim for a variety of major league teams.
He has appeared primarily in left field, right field and at first base over the past couple of seasons.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27