Dec 12, 2012, 10:06 PM EDT
Van Slyke batted just .167/.196/.315 in 57 plate appearances this summer for Los Angeles, but he also hit .327/.404/.578 with 18 homers and 67 RBI in 411 plate appearances at Triple-A Albuquerque.
The 25-year-old son of Andy Van Slyke seems like a worthwhile claim for a variety of major league teams.
He has appeared primarily in left field, right field and at first base over the past couple of seasons.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17