Dec 12, 2012, 10:06 PM EDT
Van Slyke batted just .167/.196/.315 in 57 plate appearances this summer for Los Angeles, but he also hit .327/.404/.578 with 18 homers and 67 RBI in 411 plate appearances at Triple-A Albuquerque.
The 25-year-old son of Andy Van Slyke seems like a worthwhile claim for a variety of major league teams.
He has appeared primarily in left field, right field and at first base over the past couple of seasons.
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 0
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 15
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)