Dec 12, 2012, 10:06 PM EDT
Van Slyke batted just .167/.196/.315 in 57 plate appearances this summer for Los Angeles, but he also hit .327/.404/.578 with 18 homers and 67 RBI in 411 plate appearances at Triple-A Albuquerque.
The 25-year-old son of Andy Van Slyke seems like a worthwhile claim for a variety of major league teams.
He has appeared primarily in left field, right field and at first base over the past couple of seasons.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming