Dec 12, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
Jerry Crasnick says:
— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) December 12, 2012
Their interest was first reported a month ago, and speculated about as a natural fit well before that.
That said, the Astros front office as currently constructed (i.e. a lot of smart people) are going to almost certainly make this a baseball decision, not an emotional or nostalgic decision. If Berkman wants to be paid as a guy who just played a 32-game season thanks to injuries and is looking to bounce back, cool. If he’s wishing to be paid as a memory of good Astros days past, it’s probably not gonna happen.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 0
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 108
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 2
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 26
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (108)