Dec 12, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
Jerry Crasnick says:
— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) December 12, 2012
Their interest was first reported a month ago, and speculated about as a natural fit well before that.
That said, the Astros front office as currently constructed (i.e. a lot of smart people) are going to almost certainly make this a baseball decision, not an emotional or nostalgic decision. If Berkman wants to be paid as a guy who just played a 32-game season thanks to injuries and is looking to bounce back, cool. If he’s wishing to be paid as a memory of good Astros days past, it’s probably not gonna happen.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 6
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 117
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 26
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39