Dec 12, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
Jerry Crasnick says:
— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) December 12, 2012
Their interest was first reported a month ago, and speculated about as a natural fit well before that.
That said, the Astros front office as currently constructed (i.e. a lot of smart people) are going to almost certainly make this a baseball decision, not an emotional or nostalgic decision. If Berkman wants to be paid as a guy who just played a 32-game season thanks to injuries and is looking to bounce back, cool. If he’s wishing to be paid as a memory of good Astros days past, it’s probably not gonna happen.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (87)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (84)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (75)