Dec 12, 2012, 7:39 PM EDT
If that doesn’t happen they do have other avenues.
According to FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi, the M’s have had “preliminary discussions” with the Tigers about a Brennan Boesch trade. “No such move is close,” writes Morosi, but that could change later this winter.
Boesch, a 27-year-old corner outfielder, owns a .259/.315/.414 career batting line through 380 major league games. He finished fifth in the American League Rookie of the Year balloting in 2010.
The Tigers would probably want a left-handed reliever or a young starting pitcher in return.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 77
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (78)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (73)