Dec 12, 2012, 7:39 PM EDT
If that doesn’t happen they do have other avenues.
According to FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi, the M’s have had “preliminary discussions” with the Tigers about a Brennan Boesch trade. “No such move is close,” writes Morosi, but that could change later this winter.
Boesch, a 27-year-old corner outfielder, owns a .259/.315/.414 career batting line through 380 major league games. He finished fifth in the American League Rookie of the Year balloting in 2010.
The Tigers would probably want a left-handed reliever or a young starting pitcher in return.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 64
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)