Dec 12, 2012, 7:39 PM EDT
If that doesn’t happen they do have other avenues.
According to FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi, the M’s have had “preliminary discussions” with the Tigers about a Brennan Boesch trade. “No such move is close,” writes Morosi, but that could change later this winter.
Boesch, a 27-year-old corner outfielder, owns a .259/.315/.414 career batting line through 380 major league games. He finished fifth in the American League Rookie of the Year balloting in 2010.
The Tigers would probably want a left-handed reliever or a young starting pitcher in return.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)