Dec 12, 2012, 7:39 PM EDT
If that doesn’t happen they do have other avenues.
According to FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi, the M’s have had “preliminary discussions” with the Tigers about a Brennan Boesch trade. “No such move is close,” writes Morosi, but that could change later this winter.
Boesch, a 27-year-old corner outfielder, owns a .259/.315/.414 career batting line through 380 major league games. He finished fifth in the American League Rookie of the Year balloting in 2010.
The Tigers would probably want a left-handed reliever or a young starting pitcher in return.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 26
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 32
- Who really owns a home run ball? 60
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 126
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (127)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)