Dec 12, 2012, 7:39 PM EDT
If that doesn’t happen they do have other avenues.
According to FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi, the M’s have had “preliminary discussions” with the Tigers about a Brennan Boesch trade. “No such move is close,” writes Morosi, but that could change later this winter.
Boesch, a 27-year-old corner outfielder, owns a .259/.315/.414 career batting line through 380 major league games. He finished fifth in the American League Rookie of the Year balloting in 2010.
The Tigers would probably want a left-handed reliever or a young starting pitcher in return.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)