Dec 12, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
If 246 of your Facebook friends haven’t already reminded you, let me be the one to note that today is 12/12/12. Which, hey, if you’re into that sort of thing, great. Hall of Famer Roberto Alomar — who wore number 12 — is into that sort of thing, reports the Toronto Star:
The last repeating date most of us will ever see, 12/12/12, is on Wednesday and hundreds of people are expected to tie the knot, including former Blue Jay Roberto Alomar … “I’ve woven in little details like keepsake baseballs and 12/12/12 flags for cocktails,” said the couple’s wedding planner, Melissa Andre, in an email. “It’s all about enhancing what the couple is excited about and what is most special to them.”
A numerologist is quoted in the article saying that 12 is “an important number” so maybe Alomar thinks it’s lucky. And if Alomar could use anything in his personal life, it’s good luck.
The next repeating date, by the way, will be 01/01/01 (i.e. 2101). Lou Whitaker will be 143 on that date, so if he makes it maybe he should get married then.
And before you comment: yes, it is a slow news day.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead