Dec 12, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
If 246 of your Facebook friends haven’t already reminded you, let me be the one to note that today is 12/12/12. Which, hey, if you’re into that sort of thing, great. Hall of Famer Roberto Alomar — who wore number 12 — is into that sort of thing, reports the Toronto Star:
The last repeating date most of us will ever see, 12/12/12, is on Wednesday and hundreds of people are expected to tie the knot, including former Blue Jay Roberto Alomar … “I’ve woven in little details like keepsake baseballs and 12/12/12 flags for cocktails,” said the couple’s wedding planner, Melissa Andre, in an email. “It’s all about enhancing what the couple is excited about and what is most special to them.”
A numerologist is quoted in the article saying that 12 is “an important number” so maybe Alomar thinks it’s lucky. And if Alomar could use anything in his personal life, it’s good luck.
The next repeating date, by the way, will be 01/01/01 (i.e. 2101). Lou Whitaker will be 143 on that date, so if he makes it maybe he should get married then.
And before you comment: yes, it is a slow news day.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)