Dec 12, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
If 246 of your Facebook friends haven’t already reminded you, let me be the one to note that today is 12/12/12. Which, hey, if you’re into that sort of thing, great. Hall of Famer Roberto Alomar — who wore number 12 — is into that sort of thing, reports the Toronto Star:
The last repeating date most of us will ever see, 12/12/12, is on Wednesday and hundreds of people are expected to tie the knot, including former Blue Jay Roberto Alomar … “I’ve woven in little details like keepsake baseballs and 12/12/12 flags for cocktails,” said the couple’s wedding planner, Melissa Andre, in an email. “It’s all about enhancing what the couple is excited about and what is most special to them.”
A numerologist is quoted in the article saying that 12 is “an important number” so maybe Alomar thinks it’s lucky. And if Alomar could use anything in his personal life, it’s good luck.
The next repeating date, by the way, will be 01/01/01 (i.e. 2101). Lou Whitaker will be 143 on that date, so if he makes it maybe he should get married then.
And before you comment: yes, it is a slow news day.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)