Dec 12, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
If 246 of your Facebook friends haven’t already reminded you, let me be the one to note that today is 12/12/12. Which, hey, if you’re into that sort of thing, great. Hall of Famer Roberto Alomar — who wore number 12 — is into that sort of thing, reports the Toronto Star:
The last repeating date most of us will ever see, 12/12/12, is on Wednesday and hundreds of people are expected to tie the knot, including former Blue Jay Roberto Alomar … “I’ve woven in little details like keepsake baseballs and 12/12/12 flags for cocktails,” said the couple’s wedding planner, Melissa Andre, in an email. “It’s all about enhancing what the couple is excited about and what is most special to them.”
A numerologist is quoted in the article saying that 12 is “an important number” so maybe Alomar thinks it’s lucky. And if Alomar could use anything in his personal life, it’s good luck.
The next repeating date, by the way, will be 01/01/01 (i.e. 2101). Lou Whitaker will be 143 on that date, so if he makes it maybe he should get married then.
And before you comment: yes, it is a slow news day.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)