Dec 12, 2012, 5:08 PM EDT
Today the Rangers claimed Whiteside off waivers from the Blue Jays, who had claimed him off waivers from the Yankees … who had claimed him off waivers from the Giants. And all since November 1.
Somewhere along the way Whiteside signed a one-year, $600,000 deal for 2013, which at least three teams think is a reasonable price for a 33-year-old backup catcher with a .215 batting average and .608 OPS in 208 career games.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 50
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)