Dec 12, 2012, 5:08 PM EDT
Today the Rangers claimed Whiteside off waivers from the Blue Jays, who had claimed him off waivers from the Yankees … who had claimed him off waivers from the Giants. And all since November 1.
Somewhere along the way Whiteside signed a one-year, $600,000 deal for 2013, which at least three teams think is a reasonable price for a 33-year-old backup catcher with a .215 batting average and .608 OPS in 208 career games.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 25
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 20
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 22
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 32
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (99)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)