Dec 12, 2012, 5:08 PM EDT
Today the Rangers claimed Whiteside off waivers from the Blue Jays, who had claimed him off waivers from the Yankees … who had claimed him off waivers from the Giants. And all since November 1.
Somewhere along the way Whiteside signed a one-year, $600,000 deal for 2013, which at least three teams think is a reasonable price for a 33-year-old backup catcher with a .215 batting average and .608 OPS in 208 career games.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 6
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 27
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 19
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)