Dec 12, 2012, 6:25 PM EDT
Snyder was non-tendered by the Rangers in late November, but it didn’t take long for the two sides to work out an agreement that will keep the 26-year-old in the organization through at least the 2013 season.
Snyder batted .277/.309/.446 with three home runs and nine RBI in 40 games this summer for Texas while making appearances defensively at first base, third base and both corner outfield spots. He also spent one inning at catcher. The former first-round pick of the Orioles will be in the running for a bench spot two months from now in Surprise, Arizona.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 50
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)