Dec 12, 2012, 6:25 PM EDT
Snyder was non-tendered by the Rangers in late November, but it didn’t take long for the two sides to work out an agreement that will keep the 26-year-old in the organization through at least the 2013 season.
Snyder batted .277/.309/.446 with three home runs and nine RBI in 40 games this summer for Texas while making appearances defensively at first base, third base and both corner outfield spots. He also spent one inning at catcher. The former first-round pick of the Orioles will be in the running for a bench spot two months from now in Surprise, Arizona.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 32
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 25
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 35
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 220
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)