Dec 12, 2012, 6:25 PM EDT
Snyder was non-tendered by the Rangers in late November, but it didn’t take long for the two sides to work out an agreement that will keep the 26-year-old in the organization through at least the 2013 season.
Snyder batted .277/.309/.446 with three home runs and nine RBI in 40 games this summer for Texas while making appearances defensively at first base, third base and both corner outfield spots. He also spent one inning at catcher. The former first-round pick of the Orioles will be in the running for a bench spot two months from now in Surprise, Arizona.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 0
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 9
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 28
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 5
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit