Dec 12, 2012, 6:25 PM EST
Snyder was non-tendered by the Rangers in late November, but it didn’t take long for the two sides to work out an agreement that will keep the 26-year-old in the organization through at least the 2013 season.
Snyder batted .277/.309/.446 with three home runs and nine RBI in 40 games this summer for Texas while making appearances defensively at first base, third base and both corner outfield spots. He also spent one inning at catcher. The former first-round pick of the Orioles will be in the running for a bench spot two months from now in Surprise, Arizona.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)