Dec 12, 2012, 6:25 PM EST
Snyder was non-tendered by the Rangers in late November, but it didn’t take long for the two sides to work out an agreement that will keep the 26-year-old in the organization through at least the 2013 season.
Snyder batted .277/.309/.446 with three home runs and nine RBI in 40 games this summer for Texas while making appearances defensively at first base, third base and both corner outfield spots. He also spent one inning at catcher. The former first-round pick of the Orioles will be in the running for a bench spot two months from now in Surprise, Arizona.
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 12
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 51
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 24
- Roy Halladay is retiring 54
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 50
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)