Dec 12, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
McAdam calls Sanchez “something of a longshot” because the Red Sox probably won’t want to pay his asking price and Dempster reportedly already turned down Boston’s two-year, $25 million offer, but it’s possible they could go three years to get him.
For now the Red Sox have Jon Lester, Clay Buchholz, and Felix Doubront in the rotation, with John Lackey likely as well depending on how he returns from Tommy John elbow surgery and Franklin Morales around as a fifth option.
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com says the Red Sox are in “serious negotiations” with Dempster right now.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)