Dec 12, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
McAdam calls Sanchez “something of a longshot” because the Red Sox probably won’t want to pay his asking price and Dempster reportedly already turned down Boston’s two-year, $25 million offer, but it’s possible they could go three years to get him.
For now the Red Sox have Jon Lester, Clay Buchholz, and Felix Doubront in the rotation, with John Lackey likely as well depending on how he returns from Tommy John elbow surgery and Franklin Morales around as a fifth option.
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com says the Red Sox are in “serious negotiations” with Dempster right now.
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 44
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)