Dec 12, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
McAdam calls Sanchez “something of a longshot” because the Red Sox probably won’t want to pay his asking price and Dempster reportedly already turned down Boston’s two-year, $25 million offer, but it’s possible they could go three years to get him.
For now the Red Sox have Jon Lester, Clay Buchholz, and Felix Doubront in the rotation, with John Lackey likely as well depending on how he returns from Tommy John elbow surgery and Franklin Morales around as a fifth option.
UPDATE: Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com says the Red Sox are in “serious negotiations” with Dempster right now.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 36
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)