Dec 12, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
Hannahan drew a surprising amount of interest considering he’s a 32-year-old career .234 hitter who’s stretched as a traditional utility infielder because he’s barely played any shortstop, but teams apparently loved his defense at third base and reputation for being solid in the clubhouse.
He spent the past two seasons in Cleveland, hitting .247 with 12 homers and a .688 OPS in 684 plate appearances. He’ll back up Todd Frazier at third base, where Hannahan has played 3,502 of his 3,751 career innings defensively.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 3
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 10
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 36
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)