Dec 12, 2012, 11:22 AM EST
Hannahan drew a surprising amount of interest considering he’s a 32-year-old career .234 hitter who’s stretched as a traditional utility infielder because he’s barely played any shortstop, but teams apparently loved his defense at third base and reputation for being solid in the clubhouse.
He spent the past two seasons in Cleveland, hitting .247 with 12 homers and a .688 OPS in 684 plate appearances. He’ll back up Todd Frazier at third base, where Hannahan has played 3,502 of his 3,751 career innings defensively.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 15
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 15
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)