Dec 12, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
Hannahan drew a surprising amount of interest considering he’s a 32-year-old career .234 hitter who’s stretched as a traditional utility infielder because he’s barely played any shortstop, but teams apparently loved his defense at third base and reputation for being solid in the clubhouse.
He spent the past two seasons in Cleveland, hitting .247 with 12 homers and a .688 OPS in 684 plate appearances. He’ll back up Todd Frazier at third base, where Hannahan has played 3,502 of his 3,751 career innings defensively.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)