Dec 12, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
Hannahan drew a surprising amount of interest considering he’s a 32-year-old career .234 hitter who’s stretched as a traditional utility infielder because he’s barely played any shortstop, but teams apparently loved his defense at third base and reputation for being solid in the clubhouse.
He spent the past two seasons in Cleveland, hitting .247 with 12 homers and a .688 OPS in 684 plate appearances. He’ll back up Todd Frazier at third base, where Hannahan has played 3,502 of his 3,751 career innings defensively.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)