Dec 12, 2012, 3:33 PM EST
Well, his latest Red Sox stint lasted all of 48 hours, because they designated Rosario for assignment and he was claimed off waivers by the Cubs.
So, to recap: Rosario was claimed off waivers by the Red Sox from the Marlins in October, traded from the Red Sox to the A’s on November 28, claimed off waivers by the Red Sox from the A’s earlier this week, and now claimed off waivers by the Cubs from the Red Sox today.
I’m really hoping that the Cubs designate him for assignment tomorrow and either the Marlins or A’s reclaim him off waivers. And on and on and on, until either the season starts or Rosario is admitted into a mental hospital while carrying a duffel bag bursting with different teams’ hats.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)