Dec 12, 2012, 3:33 PM EDT
Well, his latest Red Sox stint lasted all of 48 hours, because they designated Rosario for assignment and he was claimed off waivers by the Cubs.
So, to recap: Rosario was claimed off waivers by the Red Sox from the Marlins in October, traded from the Red Sox to the A’s on November 28, claimed off waivers by the Red Sox from the A’s earlier this week, and now claimed off waivers by the Cubs from the Red Sox today.
I’m really hoping that the Cubs designate him for assignment tomorrow and either the Marlins or A’s reclaim him off waivers. And on and on and on, until either the season starts or Rosario is admitted into a mental hospital while carrying a duffel bag bursting with different teams’ hats.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 48
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)