Dec 12, 2012, 9:56 AM EDT
Johnny Damon on MLBNetwork Radio on SiriusXM a few minutes ago, talking about playing in 2013:
“I sure hope so. I’m not going to announce until the middle of spring … Seeing what Kansas City has done to their pitching staff, I wouldn’t mind going there and trying to finish where I started.”
Of course Kansas City is one of the few teams which has a very good, dedicated DH, so it’s probably one of the worst fits for Damon.
Still, him signing with the Royals would be fun. If for no other reason than we’d be certain to hear some analysis which, paired with the post-Wil Myers trade analysis from the same people in which Myers was all but totally discounted due to merely being a prospect, would work out to folks saying that Damon has more to add to the 2013 Royals than Myers would have.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)