Dec 12, 2012, 9:56 AM EST
Johnny Damon on MLBNetwork Radio on SiriusXM a few minutes ago, talking about playing in 2013:
“I sure hope so. I’m not going to announce until the middle of spring … Seeing what Kansas City has done to their pitching staff, I wouldn’t mind going there and trying to finish where I started.”
Of course Kansas City is one of the few teams which has a very good, dedicated DH, so it’s probably one of the worst fits for Damon.
Still, him signing with the Royals would be fun. If for no other reason than we’d be certain to hear some analysis which, paired with the post-Wil Myers trade analysis from the same people in which Myers was all but totally discounted due to merely being a prospect, would work out to folks saying that Damon has more to add to the 2013 Royals than Myers would have.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (92)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (82)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)