Dec 13, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Punto should be movable, as he’s owed $1.5 million for 2013 and still a solid utility infielder with a good glove. Uribe, on the other hand, has been one of the very worst all-around players in baseball for the past two seasons and is set to make $8 million. Good luck finding a taker for deal.
Rosenthal speculates that the Dodgers might have to simply release Uribe because no team would want him on the roster even if they agreed to cover the entire remaining salary, which … well, it shows just how awful the signing was by general manager Ned Colletti. Two years into a three-year, $21 million deal Uribe has hit .199 with a .552 OPS in 143 games.
Jun 2, 2015, 5:13 PM EDT
Could this be a preview of a more permanent move?
Jun 2, 2015, 5:03 PM EDT
Gerardo Parra will be an everyday player with Davis out.
Jun 2, 2015, 4:33 PM EDT
Sometimes you watch the outfielders to see if the ball is going out. Sometimes that doesn’t work.
Jun 2, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
Hamilton has played seven games in his return to the Rangers.
Jun 2, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Amazingly, no Kansas City Royals are leading the NL All-Star voting.
Jun 2, 2015, 2:42 PM EDT
It’s a second career that makes a lot of sense for Slowey.
Jun 2, 2015, 2:12 PM EDT
Unless you cover soccer, it’s a slow news day. So let’s play a game.
Jun 2, 2015, 1:13 PM EDT
Van Slyke has been pushed into extended action by injuries to Carl Crawford and Yasiel Puig.
Jun 2, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
And he’s no longer worried about offense.
Jun 2, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
The Nats’ would-be ace has been anything like it this season and now he’s on the shelf.
Jun 2, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Once among the best all-around players in baseball, Sizemore’s career was wrecked by injuries.
Jun 2, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Jarrod Saltamacchia has a big opportunity in Arizona now.
Jun 2, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Baseball bat light fixtures. Someone get on that one, pronto.
Jun 2, 2015, 9:03 AM EDT
Jun 2, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
More specifically, the Red Sox are.
Jun 2, 2015, 6:59 AM EDT
Today: lessons in (a) how to call people by their proper name; (b) why you watch an entire game; and (c) how to commit seppuku. Really!
Jun 1, 2015, 11:15 PM EDT
Cishek saved 91 games for the Marlins between 2011-2014 while posting a 2.70 ERA, but he has an ugly 6.98 ERA and 17/10 K/BB ratio over 19 1/3 innings so far this season.
Jun 1, 2015, 10:41 PM EDT
While Astros fans are clamoring for top prospect Carlos Correa to take over at shortstop, Marwin Gonzalez is helping keep the seat warm.
Jun 1, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Yasiel Puig’s first attempt at a minor league rehab assignment was halted about a month ago due to a setback with his left hamstring strain, but he’s starting to ramp things up again.
Jun 1, 2015, 8:49 PM EDT
Some fans were speculating about a call-up for top prospect shortstop Carlos Correa after he made an early exit from yesterday’s game with Triple-A Oklahoma City. Well, not so fast.
- Bryce Harper continues to lead N.L All-Star voting; Buster Posey passes Yadier Molina 14
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 99
- Rangers call up power-hitting top prospect Joey Gallo 12
- American League All-Star voting update: Royals players still rule the roost 36
- Jose Fernandez cleared for rehab assignment in comeback from Tommy John surgery 10
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 150
- Johnny Cueto to return to Reds’ rotation Tuesday 3
- Khris Davis has a torn meniscus in his right knee 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (150)
- Stan Hack didn’t hack and other inappropriate baseball names (146)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (133)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (102)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)