Dec 13, 2012, 8:02 PM EDT
According to Janie McCauley of the Associated Press, the Giants have signed right-hander Chad Gaudin to a minor league contract. The deal presumably includes an invite to major league spring training.
Gaudin, who turns 30 in March, owns a 4.63 ERA over 10 seasons in the majors. He posted a 4.54 ERA and 57/26 K/BB ratio over 69 1/3 innings with the Marlins this past season, pitching mostly in middle relief.
If Gaudin makes the Giants’ bullpen, he will be with his ninth different MLB team. With his history of weird facial hair, it seems to be a pretty good match.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 4
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 52
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)