Dec 13, 2012, 8:02 PM EST
According to Janie McCauley of the Associated Press, the Giants have signed right-hander Chad Gaudin to a minor league contract. The deal presumably includes an invite to major league spring training.
Gaudin, who turns 30 in March, owns a 4.63 ERA over 10 seasons in the majors. He posted a 4.54 ERA and 57/26 K/BB ratio over 69 1/3 innings with the Marlins this past season, pitching mostly in middle relief.
If Gaudin makes the Giants’ bullpen, he will be with his ninth different MLB team. With his history of weird facial hair, it seems to be a pretty good match.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)