Dec 13, 2012, 8:02 PM EST
According to Janie McCauley of the Associated Press, the Giants have signed right-hander Chad Gaudin to a minor league contract. The deal presumably includes an invite to major league spring training.
Gaudin, who turns 30 in March, owns a 4.63 ERA over 10 seasons in the majors. He posted a 4.54 ERA and 57/26 K/BB ratio over 69 1/3 innings with the Marlins this past season, pitching mostly in middle relief.
If Gaudin makes the Giants’ bullpen, he will be with his ninth different MLB team. With his history of weird facial hair, it seems to be a pretty good match.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 7
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)