Dec 13, 2012, 8:02 PM EDT
According to Janie McCauley of the Associated Press, the Giants have signed right-hander Chad Gaudin to a minor league contract. The deal presumably includes an invite to major league spring training.
Gaudin, who turns 30 in March, owns a 4.63 ERA over 10 seasons in the majors. He posted a 4.54 ERA and 57/26 K/BB ratio over 69 1/3 innings with the Marlins this past season, pitching mostly in middle relief.
If Gaudin makes the Giants’ bullpen, he will be with his ninth different MLB team. With his history of weird facial hair, it seems to be a pretty good match.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 5
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)