Dec 13, 2012, 8:02 PM EDT
According to Janie McCauley of the Associated Press, the Giants have signed right-hander Chad Gaudin to a minor league contract. The deal presumably includes an invite to major league spring training.
Gaudin, who turns 30 in March, owns a 4.63 ERA over 10 seasons in the majors. He posted a 4.54 ERA and 57/26 K/BB ratio over 69 1/3 innings with the Marlins this past season, pitching mostly in middle relief.
If Gaudin makes the Giants’ bullpen, he will be with his ninth different MLB team. With his history of weird facial hair, it seems to be a pretty good match.
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 2
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 37
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)