Dec 13, 2012, 9:09 AM EDT
Yesterday it was reported that the Reds were poised to sign Jack Hannahan to a one-year deal. Nope: it’s for two years, reports John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer. It will be announced later this morning.
No word on the money yet, but the one-year report had it at $2 million. Hannahan comes over from Cleveland, where he hit .247 with 12 homers and a .688 OPS in 684 plate appearances.
We live in a world where that production rates you a multi-year deal to be a backup. Not judging. Just saying.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)