Dec 13, 2012, 9:09 AM EDT
Yesterday it was reported that the Reds were poised to sign Jack Hannahan to a one-year deal. Nope: it’s for two years, reports John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer. It will be announced later this morning.
No word on the money yet, but the one-year report had it at $2 million. Hannahan comes over from Cleveland, where he hit .247 with 12 homers and a .688 OPS in 684 plate appearances.
We live in a world where that production rates you a multi-year deal to be a backup. Not judging. Just saying.
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 34
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 29
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 40
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)