Dec 13, 2012, 9:09 AM EDT
Yesterday it was reported that the Reds were poised to sign Jack Hannahan to a one-year deal. Nope: it’s for two years, reports John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer. It will be announced later this morning.
No word on the money yet, but the one-year report had it at $2 million. Hannahan comes over from Cleveland, where he hit .247 with 12 homers and a .688 OPS in 684 plate appearances.
We live in a world where that production rates you a multi-year deal to be a backup. Not judging. Just saying.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 18
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)