Dec 13, 2012, 9:09 AM EDT
Yesterday it was reported that the Reds were poised to sign Jack Hannahan to a one-year deal. Nope: it’s for two years, reports John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer. It will be announced later this morning.
No word on the money yet, but the one-year report had it at $2 million. Hannahan comes over from Cleveland, where he hit .247 with 12 homers and a .688 OPS in 684 plate appearances.
We live in a world where that production rates you a multi-year deal to be a backup. Not judging. Just saying.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 57
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 30
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 62
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)