Dec 13, 2012, 9:09 AM EDT
Yesterday it was reported that the Reds were poised to sign Jack Hannahan to a one-year deal. Nope: it’s for two years, reports John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer. It will be announced later this morning.
No word on the money yet, but the one-year report had it at $2 million. Hannahan comes over from Cleveland, where he hit .247 with 12 homers and a .688 OPS in 684 plate appearances.
We live in a world where that production rates you a multi-year deal to be a backup. Not judging. Just saying.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)