Dec 13, 2012, 7:34 AM EDT
I was on NBC SportsTalk last night. Talking about where Josh Hamilton, Michael Bourn and Nick Swisher will land — as well as the reason the Yankees keep signing old guys to one-year deals — was fun. But not nearly as fun as dropping a “Pina Colada Song” analogy on Eric.
And speaking of that, why wasn’t Rupert Holmes allowed to play that 12/12/12 concert last night? Every other old act in history was there. Even Billy Joel, who is the Rush of New York New Jersey singers.
Oh well. The Who were cool. Roger Daltrey (a) dropped the F-bomb in “Who are You”; and (b) looked a lot like late period Ric Flair. And neither of those things are criticisms.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (250)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)