Dec 13, 2012, 7:34 AM EST
I was on NBC SportsTalk last night. Talking about where Josh Hamilton, Michael Bourn and Nick Swisher will land — as well as the reason the Yankees keep signing old guys to one-year deals — was fun. But not nearly as fun as dropping a “Pina Colada Song” analogy on Eric.
And speaking of that, why wasn’t Rupert Holmes allowed to play that 12/12/12 concert last night? Every other old act in history was there. Even Billy Joel, who is the Rush of New York New Jersey singers.
Oh well. The Who were cool. Roger Daltrey (a) dropped the F-bomb in “Who are You”; and (b) looked a lot like late period Ric Flair. And neither of those things are criticisms.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27