Dec 13, 2012, 7:34 AM EST
I was on NBC SportsTalk last night. Talking about where Josh Hamilton, Michael Bourn and Nick Swisher will land — as well as the reason the Yankees keep signing old guys to one-year deals — was fun. But not nearly as fun as dropping a “Pina Colada Song” analogy on Eric.
And speaking of that, why wasn’t Rupert Holmes allowed to play that 12/12/12 concert last night? Every other old act in history was there. Even Billy Joel, who is the Rush of New York New Jersey singers.
Oh well. The Who were cool. Roger Daltrey (a) dropped the F-bomb in “Who are You”; and (b) looked a lot like late period Ric Flair. And neither of those things are criticisms.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)