Dec 13, 2012, 7:34 AM EDT
I was on NBC SportsTalk last night. Talking about where Josh Hamilton, Michael Bourn and Nick Swisher will land — as well as the reason the Yankees keep signing old guys to one-year deals — was fun. But not nearly as fun as dropping a “Pina Colada Song” analogy on Eric.
And speaking of that, why wasn’t Rupert Holmes allowed to play that 12/12/12 concert last night? Every other old act in history was there. Even Billy Joel, who is the Rush of New York New Jersey singers.
Oh well. The Who were cool. Roger Daltrey (a) dropped the F-bomb in “Who are You”; and (b) looked a lot like late period Ric Flair. And neither of those things are criticisms.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (85)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (79)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (75)