Dec 13, 2012, 7:34 AM EST
I was on NBC SportsTalk last night. Talking about where Josh Hamilton, Michael Bourn and Nick Swisher will land — as well as the reason the Yankees keep signing old guys to one-year deals — was fun. But not nearly as fun as dropping a “Pina Colada Song” analogy on Eric.
And speaking of that, why wasn’t Rupert Holmes allowed to play that 12/12/12 concert last night? Every other old act in history was there. Even Billy Joel, who is the Rush of New York New Jersey singers.
Oh well. The Who were cool. Roger Daltrey (a) dropped the F-bomb in “Who are You”; and (b) looked a lot like late period Ric Flair. And neither of those things are criticisms.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)