Dec 13, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
The latest on Nick Swisher:
Multiple teams continue wooing OF Nick Swisher, who is said to be “not even close” to making a decision. At least 3, maybe 4 clubs in mix.
— Scott Miller (@ScottMCBS) December 13, 2012
And, given how few outfield options there are out there, I’d be in the same boat. Let Josh Hamilton set the market and then take your pick of teams who need offense. Because folks, there is not a lot of offense out there right now.
My guess is that he ends up in Boston, but really, New York, Cleveland, Seattle and maybe even Texas are possibilities.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 27
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (114)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)