Dec 13, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
The latest on Nick Swisher:
Multiple teams continue wooing OF Nick Swisher, who is said to be “not even close” to making a decision. At least 3, maybe 4 clubs in mix.
— Scott Miller (@ScottMCBS) December 13, 2012
And, given how few outfield options there are out there, I’d be in the same boat. Let Josh Hamilton set the market and then take your pick of teams who need offense. Because folks, there is not a lot of offense out there right now.
My guess is that he ends up in Boston, but really, New York, Cleveland, Seattle and maybe even Texas are possibilities.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 21
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)