Dec 13, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
The latest on Nick Swisher:
Multiple teams continue wooing OF Nick Swisher, who is said to be “not even close” to making a decision. At least 3, maybe 4 clubs in mix.
— Scott Miller (@ScottMCBS) December 13, 2012
And, given how few outfield options there are out there, I’d be in the same boat. Let Josh Hamilton set the market and then take your pick of teams who need offense. Because folks, there is not a lot of offense out there right now.
My guess is that he ends up in Boston, but really, New York, Cleveland, Seattle and maybe even Texas are possibilities.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 7
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 30
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (202)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)