Dec 13, 2012, 7:01 PM EDT
According to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News, Swisher plans to visit with multiple teams in person next week. It’s not clear what cities are on his itinerary, but the Indians have been his most aggressive suitor until now. The Mariners and Rangers could each be possibilities after missing out on Hamilton and don’t rule out the Red Sox if for some reason they aren’t able to finalize a contract with Mike Napoli.
Swisher, 32, batted .272/.364/.473 with 24 home runs, 93 RBI and an .837 OPS this past season. He turned down a one-year, $13.3 million qualifying offer from the Yankees to test free agency, so whoever signs him will have to surrender a draft pick.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 76
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)