Dec 13, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
According to several industry sources, Ichiro has strongly indicated to other teams that have offered him two-year contracts that he is returning to The Bronx.
“He had two-year deals for $15 million from two other clubs,’’ a person familiar with the situation said.
Call me crazy, but I think that person familiar with the situation just may be Ichiro’s agent.
Guess we’ll know how seriously the Yankees take this when Ichiro eventually signs, almost certainly with them. My guess: they call the bluff and he ends up with a one-year deal.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)