Dec 13, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
According to several industry sources, Ichiro has strongly indicated to other teams that have offered him two-year contracts that he is returning to The Bronx.
“He had two-year deals for $15 million from two other clubs,’’ a person familiar with the situation said.
Call me crazy, but I think that person familiar with the situation just may be Ichiro’s agent.
Guess we’ll know how seriously the Yankees take this when Ichiro eventually signs, almost certainly with them. My guess: they call the bluff and he ends up with a one-year deal.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)