Dec 13, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
According to several industry sources, Ichiro has strongly indicated to other teams that have offered him two-year contracts that he is returning to The Bronx.
“He had two-year deals for $15 million from two other clubs,’’ a person familiar with the situation said.
Call me crazy, but I think that person familiar with the situation just may be Ichiro’s agent.
Guess we’ll know how seriously the Yankees take this when Ichiro eventually signs, almost certainly with them. My guess: they call the bluff and he ends up with a one-year deal.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)