Dec 13, 2012, 11:32 AM EST
According to several industry sources, Ichiro has strongly indicated to other teams that have offered him two-year contracts that he is returning to The Bronx.
“He had two-year deals for $15 million from two other clubs,’’ a person familiar with the situation said.
Call me crazy, but I think that person familiar with the situation just may be Ichiro’s agent.
Guess we’ll know how seriously the Yankees take this when Ichiro eventually signs, almost certainly with them. My guess: they call the bluff and he ends up with a one-year deal.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 48
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 40
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)