Dec 13, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
The question is, can Scott Hatteberg sell Kenmores?
Sears Holdings Corp. is reaching into world of “Moneyball” for guidance as the retailer tries to turn around its struggling business. The operator of Sears and Kmart stores said Thursday that Paul DePodesta, vice president of player development and amateur scouting for the New York Mets, has been elected to its board.
Bill Plaschke and T.J. Simers are already prepared to blame DePodesta when Sears eventually goes out of business.
I dunno. Maybe they’ll rebound, but Sears and sh– still won’t work in the playoffs.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 47
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 29
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)