Dec 13, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
The question is, can Scott Hatteberg sell Kenmores?
Sears Holdings Corp. is reaching into world of “Moneyball” for guidance as the retailer tries to turn around its struggling business. The operator of Sears and Kmart stores said Thursday that Paul DePodesta, vice president of player development and amateur scouting for the New York Mets, has been elected to its board.
Bill Plaschke and T.J. Simers are already prepared to blame DePodesta when Sears eventually goes out of business.
I dunno. Maybe they’ll rebound, but Sears and sh– still won’t work in the playoffs.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)