Dec 13, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
The question is, can Scott Hatteberg sell Kenmores?
Sears Holdings Corp. is reaching into world of “Moneyball” for guidance as the retailer tries to turn around its struggling business. The operator of Sears and Kmart stores said Thursday that Paul DePodesta, vice president of player development and amateur scouting for the New York Mets, has been elected to its board.
Bill Plaschke and T.J. Simers are already prepared to blame DePodesta when Sears eventually goes out of business.
I dunno. Maybe they’ll rebound, but Sears and sh– still won’t work in the playoffs.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)