Dec 13, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
The question is, can Scott Hatteberg sell Kenmores?
Sears Holdings Corp. is reaching into world of “Moneyball” for guidance as the retailer tries to turn around its struggling business. The operator of Sears and Kmart stores said Thursday that Paul DePodesta, vice president of player development and amateur scouting for the New York Mets, has been elected to its board.
Bill Plaschke and T.J. Simers are already prepared to blame DePodesta when Sears eventually goes out of business.
I dunno. Maybe they’ll rebound, but Sears and sh– still won’t work in the playoffs.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 3
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)