Dec 13, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
David Wright was on NBC SportsTalk last night. A good interview overall, but the best part comes when Eric Kuselias asks Wright if he would have signed with the Mets had they not brought the fences in at Citi Field.
Judging by Wright’s reaction, one gets the sense that (a) no one has asked him that before; and (b) no, no way in Hell would he have signed with the Mets had they not brought the fences in.
Judge for yourself. And, while you’re at it, judge Wright’s football fantasy team name. I kinda like it:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 9
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 16
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)