Dec 13, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Thankfully, we finally have some big news today.
Bobby Wilson, who’s spent the past few seasons as a backup catcher for the Angels, has signed a minor-league deal with the Yankees.
New York is searching for catching help following the departure of Russell Martin, but Wilson merely adds to their collection of backup-caliber backstops and has little chance for significant playing time even if he cracks the roster.
Through age 29 he’s hit .208 with a .593 OPS in 191 games as a big leaguer.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)