Dec 13, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Thankfully, we finally have some big news today.
Bobby Wilson, who’s spent the past few seasons as a backup catcher for the Angels, has signed a minor-league deal with the Yankees.
New York is searching for catching help following the departure of Russell Martin, but Wilson merely adds to their collection of backup-caliber backstops and has little chance for significant playing time even if he cracks the roster.
Through age 29 he’s hit .208 with a .593 OPS in 191 games as a big leaguer.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 23
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 24
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)