Dec 13, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Thankfully, we finally have some big news today.
Bobby Wilson, who’s spent the past few seasons as a backup catcher for the Angels, has signed a minor-league deal with the Yankees.
New York is searching for catching help following the departure of Russell Martin, but Wilson merely adds to their collection of backup-caliber backstops and has little chance for significant playing time even if he cracks the roster.
Through age 29 he’s hit .208 with a .593 OPS in 191 games as a big leaguer.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)