Dec 13, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Thankfully, we finally have some big news today.
Bobby Wilson, who’s spent the past few seasons as a backup catcher for the Angels, has signed a minor-league deal with the Yankees.
New York is searching for catching help following the departure of Russell Martin, but Wilson merely adds to their collection of backup-caliber backstops and has little chance for significant playing time even if he cracks the roster.
Through age 29 he’s hit .208 with a .593 OPS in 191 games as a big leaguer.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17